Chronic lower back pain is term given to the long-term lower back pain due to which one suffers from back stiffness, soreness, decreased physical or lower back movement and also faces difficulty in standing straight. Nowadays lower back pain has become a very common problem which is faced by most of the people of the world. Due to our ignorance because of busy and sedentary lifestyles, it tends to aggravate and becomes worse and chronic in nature. A single event or misappropriate activity does not account for lower back pain but a number of sudden movements do.
There are many different causes for the lower back pain and also the prolonged lower back pain which is known as chronic back pain. Back pain generally lasts from a week to maximum three months, but a chronic back pain is the one that lasts longer than the three months. Chronic lower back pain generally occurs due to an injury, disease or some stresses on different structures like ligaments, bones, muscles, nerves, or spinal cord of the body. Chronic back pain can be felt as bone pain, muscle pain or nerve pain. The intensity of such pains varies from very mild to severe and also has a different sensation like burning, itching, tingling, dull or sharp pains. Back solutions Clinic is the best in diagnosing and treating chronic lower back pains.
Chronic lower back pain diagnosis plays a very vital role in effective treatment of the pain. A specialist will conduct a thorough physical and medical examination of the patient and would also ask for the medical and history as well. The tests that are conducted often include X-Rays, blood tests, Bone scans, MRI, CT scans, and other specialized scans and tests. Certain body movements would also be done so as to determine the exact area and condition of the pain affected area. There are certain surgical and most important Non-Surgical Treatments available so as to provide lower back pain relief. The various methods include:
- Heat and ice therapy.
- Relaxation and pain relieving Massages.
- Stretching and strengthening exercises.
- Yoga, aerobics, etc.
Yoga has proved to be very effective and natural procedure to provide lower back pain relief. Yoga has inbuilt all other various treatments benefits that provide a soothing and relaxing effect on the back. The various different kinds of yoga asana and positions help in
- Strengthening- Holding yoga positions for long helps in increasing strength of some specific muscles, especially the back and abdominal muscles, thus reducing back pain.
- Stretching- Yoga reduces tension and stiffness from the muscles thus promoting flexibility and relaxation in the muscles and joints. Stretching also increases blood flow and allow nutrients to flow in ad toxins to flow out, thus providing overall nourishment of tissues and muscles in the lower back.
- Posture and body alignment – It helps in correcting posture and also increases body’s sense of balance which helps in maintaining the natural curve of the spine thus reducing lower back pain.
- Activeness of the body- Yoga refreshes the body and relaxes the mind thus creating more awareness of the body and brain to know which motions to avoid for correct body movements and lower back pain relief.